Business Innovation Fund
SME funding and support to bring new products and services to market
Our first application window is now closed. We'll announce our second application window very soon. You can register your details with us today and we'll alert you when the next window opens.
About the Business Innovation Fund
The Business Innovation Fund supports businesses from a wide range of sectors to help develop innovative projects and products that not only fulfill market demand, but also deliver industrial growth.
- Grants of £20,000 or £50,000 to invest in innovation
- Support and guidance to move from concept to commercialisation
- Collaborate with our region’s leading research institutions
- Advice on intellectual property, testing and research and development roadmaps
- Development of a bespoke research, development and innovation action plan for your business
- Your business is based in the West of England – Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire
- You are able to match fund the cost of your project
- You're a small or medium sized enterprise with a staff headcount lower than 250
Research, development and innovation can help your business adapt for the future and get ahead of the competition, create new products, processes and services to reach new customers, and improve sustainability. The West of England Combined Authority’s Business Innovation Fund provides SMEs with funding and tailored support to bring new products, services and processes to market.
The Business Innovation Fund is supported with £1,451,825 of funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), which is part of the European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for ERDF. Established by the European Union, the ERDF helps local areas stimulate economic development by investing in project which will support innovation, business, create jobs and delivery local community regeneration. For more information visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/england-2014-to-2020-european-structural-and-investment-funds.