The Small Business Grant Fund
The government provides one-off grants of £10,000 to around 700,000 small businesses currently eligible for SBRR or Rural Rate Relief to help meet ongoing business costs during coronavirus.
Full government guidance on the Small Business Grant Fund is available here.
How to access this grant
If you’re an eligible business, your local council will contact you and provide details of how to claim.
Who will receive this funding?
- The person who according to the billing authority’s records was the ratepayer in respect of the property on the 11 March 2020.
- Where the Local Authority has reason to believe that the information that they hold about the ratepayer on the 11 March 2020 is inaccurate, they may withhold or recover the grant and take reasonable steps to identify the correct ratepayer. Local Authorities should make clear to recipients that the grant is for the ratepayer and may be liable for recovery if the recipient was not the ratepayer on the eligible day.
- Landlord and management agents are urged to support local government in quickly identifying the correct ratepayer.
For further information on receiving this grant, contact your local business rates team:
- Bath & North East Somerset or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bristol or email@example.com or telephone 0117 922 3300
- North Somerset or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your business name, property address, company registration number, VAT registration number, business bank account details, business rates account reference and full name and telephone details.
- South Gloucestershire or telephone 01454 867700
Full government guidance for businesses on the Small Business Grant Fund is available here. Government information on business support measures can be found here.