Sign up today
As part of our diverse offer, we'll:
- Show you how to harness the power of digital and upskill your employees accordingly. We'll help you analyse the potential of digital, and the impact that digital skills, insight and data can have upon the productivity and sustainability of your business.
- Give you access our combined talent recruitment and management capabilities. We'll help you hire new, sufficiently skilled staff as well as create your own talent pipeline with apprenticeships and work placements and train the next level of managers and leaders to aid retention in your business.
- Share the latest approaches to open and inclusive recruitment helping you reduce your skills gaps. Our expert partners will also work with you to strategise change management, safeguard jobs and reduce the short and long-term impact of redundancies.
- Connect you with and help you develop beneficial relationships with schools and colleges. Help shape hard and soft employability skills, get students ready for work and emphasise the future skills needed for business through the local skills system."
Workforce for the Future is free to join and available to SMEs with less than 250 employees based in the West of England (Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset).
European Social Fund
The project has received £4m of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
What exactly will I get from the programme?
- You’ll receive support from our partners to ensure your business can interrogate ongoing skills needs, unlock opportunities, drive change and invest in your current and future workforce.
- Confidence in safeguarding jobs, reimagining your existing workforce and recruiting sufficiently skilled employees from local pools of talent.
- The latest approaches to open and inclusive recruitment so you can reduce your skills gaps and improve connectivity with the local skills system.
- Access to an experienced Skills Adviser who will help you develop your workforce.
- A Workforce Development Plan and strategy to put into place.
- Access a suite of online tools, resources and workshops.
- Funding for skills training programmes.
- Strategic planning and change management guidance.
- Support with apprenticeships and student placements.
1. Workforce development planning
Workforce for the Future will help you to create a workforce development plan to make sure your business is fit for the future. With the support of an experienced Skills Adviser, you will:
- Develop and implement a Workforce Development Plan
- Better understand your business' current, new and emerging skills needs
- Identify relevant skills support, programmes or training options
- Access a suite of online tools, resources and workshops
2. Access to training and skills development
Workforce for the Future will support you to identify and implement staff training, such as increasing digital skills to meet changing business needs. Through the programme you will bring new skills to your business by:
- Building your understanding of the training options for your staff
- Accessing the right training & support to upskill or reskill your employees
- Joining a support network to share and learn from best practice
3. Access to resource
Secure the right resource for your business - such as an apprentice, intern, or work placement. Workforce for the Future can help you:
- Identify where an apprenticeship or placement could be created
- Access financial support to fund the role
- Prepare for the role and recruit the right candidate.
4. Talent retention
Consider the options available to you to help you address business requirements such as reducing costs, whilst:
- Retaining and developing talent within your business
- Safeguarding jobs and supporting your employees through any changes.
5. Education and skills programmes
Workforce for the Future will provide education and training providers with insight on the skills and knowledge SMEs will need for the future. Engaging with education providers means your business can benefit from:
- Influencing training programmes and curricula to develop future talent.
- Access to a pool of placement-ready students with ongoing support provided by their FE College placement teams.
- Engagement with potential future employees, building the profile of your business with the region’s school and college students.